Ceylon Cinnamon Scientific Name
Ceylon Cinnamon Other Names
What is Ceylon Cinnamon?
Common forms of Ceylon Cinnamon
Ceylon Cinnamon is commonly used for:
- Treating throat and oral pain
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Colds and Flu
- Mananging high cholesterol
- Morning Sickness (Hyperemesis gravidarum)
- Cleansing Urinary Bladder
- Promoting Lungs and Heart health
- Treating rhinitis
- Relieving Anorexia/tastelessness
- Relieving Itching, Pruritis
- Relieving Cough with sputum
- Sinus Problems (Sinusitis)
- Sore Throat
- Poor Circulation
- Lowering BP
Ceylon Cinnamon Dosage
Oil: 2-5 drops-once twice a day. Oil is also used externally, either directly or after dilution with sesame oil.
Ceylon Cinnamon Side-effects and Warnings
Not so common side effects: May cause liver damage, increase risk of cancer, low blood sugar, breathing problems and interactions with certain medications.
Pregnant or Nursing mothers: Not known.
Children: Not known.