This soup recipe is tridoshic and generally good for all dosha constituents. This warm and comforting recipe is great for fall and winter. The fresh carrots mingling with heart-warming ginger is a perfect dinner recipe for those cold winter evenings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- Add butter to a large soup pot and heat it over medium flame.
- Add onions, salt, grated ginger, spices and saute for about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped carrots, water, and bring to a simmer and then reduce it to medium-low.
- Cover, and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are very soft.
- Cool the soup and blend into a smooth puree.
- Return soup to pot, stir in coconut milk and cook until the soup is hot.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and garnish with cilantro.
Can be served with chapatis for light lunch