This gluten-free dish is full of iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. Palm jaggery in this recipe has a calming effect on the digestive system. It aids in the relief of colds and coughs, as well as helps in the cleansing of the digestive system.
Good for Vata & Pitta Dosha
Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Serves: 6 to 7 in number
- 4 tsp palm jaggery
- 5 tsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 cardamom
- 2 Indian bay leaf/banana leaves
- Take a flat pan, add 5tbsp of rice flour and roast it on low flame.
- Mix crushed black pepper and cardamom to the roasted rice flour and switch off the stove.
- Now take another saucepan, add 4 tsp jaggery and a half cup of water and mix it well to make a thin syrup.
- Add the roasted flour mixture and knead to make a soft dough.
- Now take Indian bay leaf or banana leaves (whatever is available) and make a cone out of it.
- Stuff the rice flour & jaggery dough in each cone.
- Steam the cones for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Not preferable for diabetics.