Fenugreek Scientific Name
Fenugreek Other Names
Hindi: Methi, Sag methi (fresh leaves), Kasuri methi (dried leaves)
French: Fenugrec, Sénegré, Trigonelle
German: Bockshornklee, Griechisch Heu
Sanskrit: Methika, Methini
What is Fenugreek?
Common forms of Fenugreek
Fenugreek is commonly used for:
- Treating digestive problems including constipation, loss of appetite and gastritis
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Boosting breast milk production and flow
- Treating and managing diabetes
- Treating low testosterone or libido
- Curing painful menstruation
- Managing menopause and related symptoms
- Treating arthritis
- Treating high blood pressure
- Promoting weight loss
- Menstrual Difficulties
- Preventing and treating Baldness
- Treating migraines and headaches
Tea: 500mg seed/150ml water
Capsules: 610 milligram capsule three times a day
Fenugreek Side-effects and Warnings
Not so common side-effects: Allergic reactions.
Pregnant or Nursing Mothers: Consumption of fenugreek should be avoided as it contains oxytocin and acts as a uterine stimulant which could cause contractions and preterm labor.
Children: Not Known.