Prep Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 20 Min
Serves: 2-3 bowls
- 2 cups Cooked horse gram
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind or lemon juice
- 1 chopped Tomatoes
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Pepper–cumin seeds paste
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and soak the horse gram overnight or at least 4 hours before.
- Now wash the soaked horse gram and steam it. Once horse gram softens, keep it aside.
- Take a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil/ghee, and fry mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red chilies for 10 seconds.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are tender. Then add 2 teaspoons garlic paste and cook until the raw smell disappears.
- Add tamarind, salt, and water & bring to a boil. You can also add jaggery, black pepper, cumin seeds, and lemon juice as per your preferences.
- Now add steamed horse gram, bring to a boil, remove from the heat, mash, and serve hot.