This beetroot soup is a great warning comforting food, perfect for chilly evenings. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and contains a high amount of antioxidants. This recipe hardly contains any calories making it perfect for someone following a specific diet and is also beneficial in regulating blood pressure while preventing heart, liver, and stomach infections.
Great for Pitta & Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Min
Serves: 4-5 Person
- 2 cups fresh beets (roughly sliced)
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 onion chopped,
- 1 celery stalk (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 cup potato finely chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp organic sugar
- 5 cups veggie broth or water
- 1tsp fresh yoghurt (for garnishing)
- Take a pot. Add 1 Tbsp ghee and sauté the chopped onion for 5 minutes.
- Add beets, potato, carrot, and celery and give it a stir. Now put in 5 cups of vegetable stock or water.
- Bring to a mixture to boil at high flame, then reduce to a low heat setting and cover.
- Let it simmer and cook for around 45 minutes or until the beets are soft. Make sure you don’t overcook it.
- Add Lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper in the end and give a good stir.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and add yogurt to garnish. Serve Hot & enjoy.
Serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream on top.