This recipe for split moong dal is highly nourishing, simple to digest, and appropriate for all dosha type. It encourages balance, calm, and mental and physical strength. Because it is light, moong dal can be consumed during illness and is good for the elderly.
Balances Pitta & Kapha Dosha
Prep Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
Serves: 4-5 Person
- Rinse the dal thoroughly in clean water. Take a bowl, fill it with water, and add the washed dal.
- Take a pan, fill it with water, & add washed dal & cook for around 30 minutes. The dal should be simmered until it is smooth and broken down.
- Once the dal is cooked, add salt, jaggery, coconut, and ginger and combine thoroughly.
- Cook for another 5 minutes before turning off the heat, covering, and setting aside.
- Take a small pan, heat it over a medium flame, then add mustard seeds to temper. When the mustard begins to crackle, toss the curry leaves and turmeric. Now add the dal and combine well.
- Add coriander and lemon juice. Enjoy! Serve hot!
Eat it with rice or chapati. Suitable for all seasons.