Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 2 to 3 weeks
Serves: 450 to 500 gm
- 250 gm Rose petals
- 250 gm Sugar
- 1/2 t cardamom powder (optional)
- Collect and wash fresh rose petals (preferably Indian red rose) and let them dry.
- Crush or finely chop the rose petals.
- Mix these with sugar and cardamom and place in an air-tight container.
- Keep it in sunlight for 2-3 weeks and stir every day with a dry and clean spoon. It’s ready to serve once it gets sticky and syrupy.
Can be blended with milk and taken as a cooling drink.
Desired dose for adult: 2 tablespoons/day
People with diabetes should avoid it as it contains sugar.
Obese people may consume only a small quantity.