Try this wonderful Brussels sprouts recipe for a tasty way to reap the benefits of Brussels sprouts.
Sliced Brussels sprouts are dressed with balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallots, and roasted almonds to perfection.
This recipe is ideal for a light, quick meal with good nutritional value because almonds contain vitamin E, which may aid in cell protection from oxidative stress.
Can aggravate Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Serves: 4 Person
- 1 ½ Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced shallots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup roasted & sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add olive oil and shallots. Cook for 4 minutes or until translucent. Keep stirring frequently.
- When aromatic, add the garlic and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove the onions and garlic from the pan and put them aside.
- Add 1/2 cup water and sprouts to the same pan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Re-add the onion/garlic mixture to the pan and the vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes—season with salt and toss in some roasted almonds.
- Give a good mix, and it is ready to serve!
You can substitute shallots with onions