Try this wonderful Brussels sprouts recipe for a tasty way to reap the benefits of Brussels sprouts.
Sliced Brussels sprouts are dressed with balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallots, and roasted almonds to perfection.
This recipe is ideal for a light, quick meal with good nutritional value because almonds contain vitamin E, which may aid in cell protection from oxidative stress.
Can aggravate Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Serves: 4 Person
- 1 ½ Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced shallots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup roasted & sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add olive oil and shallots. Cook for 4 minutes or until translucent. Keep stirring frequently.
- When aromatic, add the garlic and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove the onions and garlic from the pan and put them aside.
- Add 1/2 cup water and sprouts to the same pan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Re-add the onion/garlic mixture to the pan and the vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes—season with salt and toss in some roasted almonds.
- Give a good mix, and it is ready to serve!
You can substitute shallots with onions
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.