Thayir Pachadi is one of the most important and simple dishes served at any Kerala or Tamil Nadu feast. Pachadi is typically made with vegetables such as cucumber or ladysfinger. However, this dish can be made without vegetables, using only ground coconut paste and yogurt. This goes well with Sambar rice and Rasam rice and makes an excellent dip for Vada.
Good for balancing Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
Serves: 4 Persons
- 1 Cup curd
- 2 chopped onions (cut into cubes)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- 2 green chilis
- 1 sprig of curry leaves,
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Take a saucepan and heat 2 Tbsp of ghee.
- Add mustard seed, and once it splatters, add Curry leaves, onion, tomatoes, and green chili; now lightly sauté them for 1 minute.
- Now turn off the heat and keep the mixture aside. Now take curd and whisk it.
- Add the whisked curd to the vegetable mixture, sprinkle some coriander leaves and salt, get a nice stir, and you are ready to go.
Curd can also be served with peeled, grated, or diced cucumber.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.