This simple recipe for steamed/boiled artichokes with a lemon garlic butter dipping sauce is a fantastic snack or appetizer perfect for lazy days and great for health.
Artichokes are high in antioxidants such as vitamins C and A, and they also make a great fiber-rich diet for the gut.
Good for Kapha Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
Serves: 4 Person
- Take a big pot and add 5 cups of water and 1tbsp salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Cut the artichoke stem smooth and even so that it can be appropriately placed ( stand up position) while steaming.
- Place the artichoke in a steaming basket/stand in the pot; if you don’t have a steaming basket, set the artichoke upright in the water.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 35-45 minutes, or until the outer leaves easily come off and are tender.
- For butter dip, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop, then add garlic salt, onion powder & lemon juice and mix it well.
- Serve the artichoke with butter lemon dip. Pull a leaf off, dip it into the butter mixture and enjoy.
Serve this Steamed Artichoke dish with a side dish, such as an antipasto salad or crunchy green beans, or as an appetizer for the main course.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.