This simple recipe for steamed/boiled artichokes with a lemon garlic butter dipping sauce is a fantastic snack or appetizer perfect for lazy days and great for health.
Artichokes are high in antioxidants such as vitamins C and A, and they also make a great fiber-rich diet for the gut.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
Serves: 4 Person
- Take a big pot and add 5 cups of water and 1tbsp salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Cut the artichoke stem smooth and even so that it can be appropriately placed ( stand up position) while steaming.
- Place the artichoke in a steaming basket/stand in the pot; if you don’t have a steaming basket, set the artichoke upright in the water.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 35-45 minutes, or until the outer leaves easily come off and are tender.
- For butter dip, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop, then add garlic salt, onion powder & lemon juice and mix it well.
- Serve the artichoke with butter lemon dip. Pull a leaf off, dip it into the butter mixture and enjoy.