Rasala is basically churned yogurt with sugar and spices like pepper added to it. This recipe is good for the gut and can be useful in inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and colitis. It is generally recommended to have this in summer and autumn.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 1 glass (200-250 ml)
- 1 cup fresh yoghurt, plain
- ½ t crushed black pepper
- 2 t jaggery or sugar
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 ½ t ghee (preferably cow’s ghee)
- 1 t mustard seeds
- ½ t fenugreek seeds
- ½ t cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- A pinch of turmeric optional
- Blend together yogurt, pepper powder, jaggery, and salt.
- Melt ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, and curry leaves to it and wait till it sputters.
- Pour this seasoning over churned yogurt and serve with roti or rice.
Can be served as a health drink by adding more water and lemon juice.
Contradiction- During respiratory illness.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.