This dish is ideal nutritional meal for heart patients, diabetics, and persons with high blood pressure and obesity due to its low sugar and glycemic content.
And due its high magnesium and iron content, it is beneficial to gut health and lung function.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Serves:1 litre (4-5 person)
- Take a bowl & add 1 ¼ cup red rice and wash it. Now soak it in freshwater for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast mustard, fenugreek, dry ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and cumin seeds. Once it cools down, grind it in a fine powder.
- In a pressure cooker, boil 6 ½ cups of water, add salt, washed rice, ground powder, and mix well.
- Now close the lid & cook on medium heat for 4-5 whistles, then remove from the heat and allow it to cool down a little.
- Remove the cover, add the coconut milk or dairy milk as per your preference, and serve it hot with your choice of stir-fried vegetables and chutney on the side.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.