Dosa is a popular thin pancake from the southern part of India. This multigrain dosa has multiple millets and is perfect for celiac patients as it is completely gluten-free. Millets help reduce high blood pressure and the risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and the leaf of drumstick is rich in vitamin C, calcium, vitamin A, potassium, and protein. In addition, adding Moringa powder enhances the health benefits of this dish.
Prep Time: 8 to 10 hour for soaking, 6 to 8 hour for fermenting.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4-5 persons (10-15 Pancakes)
- 2 T Pearl Millet
- 2 T Foxtail Millet
- 2 T Sorghum Millet
- 2 T Finger Millet
- 4 T Black gram (Urad dal)
- 1 t Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 T Moringa powder
- 1 t Ghee for greasing the pan
- Wash and soak all the millets and black gram for 8-10 hours.
- Grind and allow the batter to ferment for 6-8 hours. Add salt and Moringa powder and mix well.
- On a hot pan over medium flame, ghee the pan with ghee and spread the batter evenly.
- Cook for 2 minutes till the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve with coconut or cilantro chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.