Cilantro chutney is a versatile Indian dip that goes with every Indian meal, especially snacks and appetizers. It is made with fresh cilantro and is not only tasty but also promotes digestion.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1 Cup
- 1 ½ Cups of roughly chopped cilantro leaves (leave the tender stems)
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 green chili or 1 jalapeno
- ½ inch of Ginger
- ½ t cumin seeds
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 t lemon juice
- ½ t sugar/honey
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender. You can also use a mortar pestle for a rough textured chutney.
- You can add small quantity of water to aid the blending,
- Serve instantly. This chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for ⅔ days
This dip goes with everything and can even be used as spread for sandwiches, rolls, and wraps.
Add more yogurt if the chutney is too spicy
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.