Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 45 Min
Serves: 4 Persons
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1 ½ tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 5 cups of water
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- ¾ cup yellow moong dal
- 3 cups green veggies chopped
- fresh coriander leaves, (for garnish)
- slices of lime/lime juice (for taste)
- Thoroughly wash the mung dahl and quinoa using a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Melt the ghee in a medium saucepan and then add the mustard and cumin; wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions & cashews and stir for 1-2 minutes till onions soften and cashews turn golden. Then add turmeric, ginger, salt, and mix well.
- Then add the rinsed quinoa and mung dal to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes; make sure they are well coated and start to sizzle lightly.
- Add in all the chopped vegetables and cook for another minute (not the broccoli florets)
- Pour 5 cups of boiling water and turn the heat down to low-medium. Cover & cook for 25–30 minutes, or until moong dal is soft and quinoa has a tail. Gently stir every 5-6 minutes.
- If necessary, add more water and broccoli florets for 5-6 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander, lime slice, and serve hot.