Halwa is a great way to get vital plant nutrients and can be made from any sweet starchy fruit or root such as Carrots, beets, pumpkin, potatoes, etc. Just cook these vegetables with any milk of your choice to make a thick pudding.
Good for Vata.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 persons
- In a saucepan, melt ghee over medium flame.
- Add the spices and saute for a minute.
- Stir in the cashews and roast them for 3 minutes.
- Add grated bottle gourd, raisins, milk, and water and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the flame, cover, and let it cook for 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add sugar/maple syrup and mix well. Serve warm.
For pitta, use beets instead of bottle gourd and replace cashews with sliced almonds.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.