What are Sinus Problems?
What are the Symptoms of Sinus Problems?
- There are some typical symptoms of sinus problems such as runny nose, postnasal drainage, congested or clogged nose, difficulty breathing, Ache, soreness and inflammation over your eyes, cheeks, nose, or forehead, loss of small and loss of taste.
- In some cases, a person may also suffer from Earache, Headache, Painful throat, Bad smell of breath, Exhaustion.
What are the Causes of Sinus Problems?
- In some cases, swellings in nasal polyps can obstruct the nasal passages and can cause sinus problems.
- Also, an offset septum may limit or obstruct the sinus section, worsening the symptoms of sinusitis.
- Some medical conditions may trigger sinuses, such as HIV, cystic fibrosis, or any other immune system-connected infections.
- This is also seen that a respiratory tract infection such as colds may cause sinus problems because it can inflate and solidify your sinus membranes and obstruct mucus to drain. This is mostly caused by viruses or bacteria.
- Allergic reactions may sometimes cause sinus problems, such as hay fever.
When to see a Doctor?
- You need to see a doctor if your condition is not improving even after taking over-the-counter medicines for more than 10 days.
- If you have a fever with other symptoms, you need immediate action. It may be caused by some other infection. In case you are experiencing extreme headaches, you should not delay. In some serious cases, you may suffer from double vision, confusion, or blurred vision. You should not ignore and need to book an appointment immediately.
Lifestyle Prevention of Sinus Problems
- Preventing sinus problems is possible by following some important measures. Let us understand the way of avoiding this condition.
- Most importantly, you need to avoid any situations that might cause you upper lung infections. Basic measures like washing your hands frequently, avoiding any contact with an infected person, etc. may help you do that.
- The allergic reaction may trigger your symptoms of sinus problems. So be very cautious about that. Do not expose yourself to things that may cause allergic reactions.
- Smoking cigarettes can be a major cause of respiratory infections. So, stop smoking.
- You may need to avoid dairy products if you already have this condition.
- Eating clean and healthy food which is full of nutrition and working out daily can help.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Sinus Problems
- Ginger: As we know ginger is a great spice that contains an anti-inflammatory gingerol, which decreases swelling in your mucus membranes. To make ginger tea, grate or smash some ginger and put it in the boiling water and after a few minutes, steep it and then drink it. You can use honey to add sweetness to it.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is also very effective on any inflammatory-related illnesses. So using cinnamon will help in dealing with Sinus. Applying cinnamon paste on your nose will help you clear the blockages. To make the paste simply mix up 3 tsp of cinnamon powder with water.
- Sitopaladi: Sitopaladi as well is very effective in lowering congestion caused by the sinus. It also helps in reducing respiratory congestion. Take 1 gm to 2 gm of Sitopaladi churna per day.