What is Obesity?
What are the Symptoms of Obesity?
- The major symptom of obesity is gaining an excessive amount of fat over a short period and facing obesity-related conditions that are sometimes severe.
- Some of the typical symptoms related to obesity can be difficulty napping, sleep apnea, shortness of breath, varicose veins, skin complications caused by moisture and gallstones.
What are the Causes of Obesity?
- There are some obvious causes of obesity. In most of the cases obesity is caused by family inheritance. Another major reason for this condition is unhealthy eating habits. Eating foods that are fried and fatty will eventually make you obese.
- Also, inactivity can make you fat even if you are taking normal food.
- Pregnancy can also be the cause of obesity, that is mostly short stays.
- Stress and lack of sleep can cause obesity as well.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Obesity
- It is very much possible to prevent obesity. Some great preventive measures will help you avoid being obsessed.
- For obvious reasons, working out is the most important step which you need to take in order to reduce your fat. Doing adequate exercise helps you burn calories and eventually reduce fat. So doing exercises such as walking, jogging, cardio, etc. are some of the best exercises to shed those extra pounds.
- Keeping an on your diet is the most important. I would say it is even more important than exercise. Feeling hungry post-exercise is very normal but you should be very cautious about what you are eating. Avoid drinking cold drinks and fatty food and opt for hot drinks like herbal tea and a healthy diet.
- Obsessed people should avoid alcohol. Because alcohol consumption may slow your metabolism and will never let you lose fat.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Obesity
- Drink hot water with Honey and lime juice: Drinking hot water with honey and few drops of lime juice is a great source to boost your metabolism. It is always advised to take this drink on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. However, it can also be taken, whenever you feel hungry. It’s a great alternative for eating and will assist in melting down body fat.
- Herbal Mixture: Make a mixture with 3 parts of Chitrak, 5 Parts of Punarnava, 2 parts of Shilajit, and 3 parts of Kutki. Take half of this mixture two times daily before food will help you lose weight.
- Triphala: Taking Triphala 1 hour before dinner is also a very effective fat loss remedy. Mix one teaspoon of Triphala in a cup of warm water and let it steep for about 10 to 12 minutes and drink.