Add a nutty crunch of toasted walnuts and pecans to your creamy bowl of breakfast oats. Cook with banana, berries, and apple for vata, pitta, and kapha respectively for natural sweetness and doshic balance.
Good for Vata dosha.
For pitta, avoid dry fruits and add fresh berries.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon ghee (preferably cow’s ghee)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans (unsalted)
- ½ Tablespoon dried/fresh blueberries or any other berries you like
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add oats and water to a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take a shallow pan and melt the ghee over medium-high flame.
- Toast the nuts and remove them from heat.
- Add the cinnamon to oatmeal and serve with toasted nuts and fresh berries.
Tastes delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, or a spoonful of ghee.