What is Fever?
What are the Symptoms of Fever?
Tracking symptoms for fever is very easy and straightforward. You will know you have a fever if your temperature increases beyond its normal range. Generally, a normal body temperature for humans is between 97 to 99 F.
However, the severity and serious causes of fever can be identified just by tracking other symptoms which you may experience along with the high body temperature. Symptoms such as sweating, chills and shivering, fatigue, dehydration, body aches and headaches, and irritability can determine the degree of seriousness of this condition. In more severe cases you may experience febrile seizure. However, febrile seizure is more common in children between 6 months and 5 years.
What are the Causes of Fever?
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Fever
- Prevention of fever is possible by reducing exposure to viruses and infectious illnesses. This can be possible by taking some preventive measures such as washing your hands properly from time to time.
- Most of the time we encounter viruses through our hands and mouth. So, washing hands before eating, after using toilets, after petting animals, and after coming back from outside is very important. Hand hygiene plays a really important role to avoid any contact with viruses. So, try to carry hand sanitizers and use them when you don’t have access to soap or hand wash. Also, try to cover your mouth and nose whenever someone sneezes or coughs. Do the same when you sneeze or cough so that you don’t infect others.
- After the pandemic, we have learned that immunity plays an important role to fight any sort of virus. So try to add immunity-boosting herbs and spices to your diet and also work out daily to boost your body’s immune system. Drink plenty of water.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Fever
- Cilantro juice is an easy remedy for fever. Simply add 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves to 1/3 cup of water and mix in a blender. Strain the mixture and keep the liquid only. 3 times a day take 2 tsp of the mixture to help lower temperature.
- Another great fever reducer is made from Lemongrass, Tulsi (Holy Basil), and Fennel. Take 1tsp total of equal portions of Lemongrass, Tulsi (Holy Basil), and Fennel and boil in 1 cup of water for at least 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and drink liquid when cool enough. This mixture is a very effective diaphoretic that will make you sweat. The sweating will help lower your fever.
- Coriander, cinnamon, ginger tea is a great fever reducer. Make 1 tsp mixture of 2 parts coriander, 1 part cinnamon, and 2 parts ginger and steep in hot water for 10 minutes. You can drink this mixture every few hours till the fever reduces.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.