This recipe is cooked using fall spices and almond milk making it a sweet comforting recipe. With the goodness of amaranth and pear this is a hearty, nutritious breakfast recipe to give warm comfort on cold days.
For Vata add more ghee and drizzle maple syrup.
For Kapha cook this in water or coconut milk.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- 1 cup of amaranth
- 2 cups milk (preferably cow’s milk)
- 1 T ghee
- ¼ tsp each of cinnamon powder, star anise powder, cloves powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- ½ cup of Pear cored and chopped
- 1 T honey/maple syrup
- Add ghee to a pot and stir in all the spices.
- Add amaranth and milk and bring it to a boil over medium-high flame. Add chopped pear.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook for 20 minutes with a lid.
- Add honey/maple syrup and mix well
- Remove from heat when the amaranth is fluffy and water is absorbed.
Amaranth is gluten-free and rich in calcium. It has a slightly nutty taste. You can try this recipe with rolled oats or quinoa.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.