This recipe is cooked using fall spices and almond milk making it a sweet comforting recipe. With the goodness of amaranth and pear this is a hearty, nutritious breakfast recipe to give warm comfort on cold days.
For Vata add more ghee and drizzle maple syrup.
For Kapha cook this in water or coconut milk.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- Add ghee to a pot and stir in all the spices.
- Add amaranth and milk and bring it to a boil over medium-high flame. Add chopped pear.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook for 20 minutes with a lid.
- Add honey/maple syrup and mix well
- Remove from heat when the amaranth is fluffy and water is absorbed.
Amaranth is gluten-free and rich in calcium. It has a slightly nutty taste. You can try this recipe with rolled oats or quinoa.