This bread has autumnal ingredients and can be used in various ways. Make a delicious toast for breakfast, healthy paneer, and cucumber sandwich for lunch, or serve it as a sweet sipping break for soup or dal.
Good for Vata dosha
For Pitta dosha, replace walnut with pumpkin seeds
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 T Flax seed powder
- 1 T psyllium husk
- ¼ t each of clove powder, cinnamon powder, star anise powder, black pepper powder
- ¼ t Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ cup carrot puree
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment pepper.
- Mix flaxseed with water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients flour, spices, psyllium husk, salt, and baking powder together.
- In another bowl whisk flax, carrot puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together.
- Fold both the mixtures together.
- Add chopped walnuts, and mix.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted.