This bread has autumnal ingredients and can be used in various ways. Make a delicious toast for breakfast, healthy paneer, and cucumber sandwich for lunch, or serve it as a sweet sipping break for soup or dal.
Good for Vata dosha
For Pitta dosha, replace walnut with pumpkin seeds
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 T Flax seed powder
- 1 T psyllium husk
- ¼ t each of clove powder, cinnamon powder, star anise powder, black pepper powder
- ¼ t Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ cup carrot puree
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment pepper.
- Mix flaxseed with water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients flour, spices, psyllium husk, salt, and baking powder together.
- In another bowl whisk flax, carrot puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together.
- Fold both the mixtures together.
- Add chopped walnuts, and mix.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
For different texture and flavour you can add grated zucchini, orange zest, chocolate chips etc. You can substitute Maple syrup with honey or molasses.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.