Alsi Scientific Name
Alsi Other Names
Hindi: Tisi, Teesi, Alsi, Alasi, Javas
Sanskrit: Atasi, Alasi, Kshuma, Neela, Neempushpi
What is Alsi?
Common forms of Alsi
Alsi is commonly used for:
- Preventing cancer
- Promoting heart health
- Regulating blood sugar
- Anti-Inflammatory properties
- Maintaining menopausal health
- Stimulating digestive health
- Managing weight
- Lowering and maintaining cholesterol levels
- Managing high blood pressure
- Treating scaly, itchy skin and eczema
Powder: ½ -1 teaspoon twice a day
Capsule: 1-2 capsules once or twice a day
Seeds: 1 tsp everyday
Alsi Side-effects and Warnings
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Avoid using Flax seed as it can mimic the action of hormone estrogen and is considered unsafe.
Children: Not known.
Can exhibit allergic reactions in some individuals.