This homemade syrup is good for sore throat, cough, and even strengthens digestion. For heavy mucus or cough, make a tea by stirring it with warm water and lemon juice and sip throughout the day. This spicy honey can also be used as topping for your desserts or as a part of your charcuterie board.
Best for Kapha dosha.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to sit
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 1 person
- Char the cinnamon and cloves on an open flame or on a grill, till they collect ash. And then grind them to a fine black powder
- Add honey to this spice powder and place the container inside a double boiler
- Add ginger juice and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Let it sit for 30 mins
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature