Ayurveda prescribes milk specially cow’s milk as drinking it at night promotes ojas. But not everyone likes or is comfortable with heavy dairy intake especially in the western society. In such case, almond milk is an effective alternative and almost an equal substitute.
Good for Vata and Pitta.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 8 hours to soak
Serves: 2 Cups
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups water for blending
- Additional water for soaking the almonds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (preferably Himalayan salt)
- Soak the almonds for 8 hours.
- Rinse and blend with 2 cups of water at the highest speed.
- When they are properly blended, strain it into a bowl through a nut bag and squeeze.
- Pour the strained almond milk back into the blender and add salt and vanilla extract
- Can be refrigerated for 4-5 days.