Haldi doodh or golden milk as popularly known in Western society, is a version of milk mixed with ground turmeric and other spices. It is a warm comforting drink with turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties and is good for those days when you feel run down due to the weather.
Good for all doshas. Should avoid consuming at night for high kapha constitution
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 persons
- Put the milk on the stove in a saucepan and add ground turmeric to it when it is lukewarm.
- Add crushed green cardamom pods, sliced ginger, black peppercorns, and cinnamon.
- Add in the sweetener and whisk everything together.
- Keep it over low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it sit for another 5 minutes covered with a lid. This helps soak all the flavors from the spices.
- Strain the milk and serve.
- Garnish with sliced nuts and saffron strands (optional)
You may sprinkle some nutmeg powder before serving.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.