This recipe has a contrasting combination of cooling apple and spicy heat of chili powder with the tartness of apricots. This chutney can balance any meal with its sweet, sour, salty, astringent, and pungent taste. It can be used as a side dish, dip, or can even be added to your charcuterie board.
Good for Kapha.
Vata, Pitta constitutions should consume it in very small amounts.
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Total Time: 3 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- 1 cup of diced crisp apple (red or green. Adjust the quantity of maple syrup of you use green apples)
- ½ cup of diced dried apricots
- 1 T maple syrup
- ½ t paprika powder
- 1 t salt (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- ¼ t cinnamon powder
- Add apple, apricots, maple syrup, salt and spices in a blender and blend into a rough paste
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Maple Syrup can be replaced by Jaggery. It is considered a good medium for delivering Vata-balancing botanicals.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.