Many Ayurvedic formulations are consumed in the form of decoctions or kadha. This involves boiling the herbs/spices in water to extract their medicinal properties and consuming this liquid orally. This particular recipe of kadha helps in boosting immunity and can be used in both curative and preventive care against respiratory infections.
This kadha is helpful for balancing all 3 doshas (kapha, vata, pitta), is especially beneficial for kapha dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
Serves: 2 person
- 1 to 3 cloves
- ½ stick of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of coarsely crushed black pepper (preferably in mortar pestle)
- 1 and ½ inch crush ginger (or grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (preferably organic)
- 7 to 8 holy basil leaves (include tender stems)
- 1/4 tsp Guduchi/Giloy powder
- 2 cups of water
- Dry roast black pepper, cinnamon and cloves on medium high heat, till the spices turn aromatic.
- In a separate pot boil water and add holy basil leaves (roughly chopped) and ginger.
- Add the roasted spices to the water and allow it to reduce to ¾ th quantity.
- Add honey and guduchi powder and lower the flame. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Strain the mixture and serve.
The serving should be limited to 50ml for one time, once a day.
The dosage can be modified as prescribed by the doctor.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.