This Ayurvedic sleep potion has the goodness of adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha. It is used as a remedy for sleep deprivation and should be consumed before bed.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minute
Serves: 2 Person
- 1 cup of cow’s milk. If you are avoiding dairy try almond milk
- ½ t Ashwagandha powder
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ¼ t dry ginger powder (Sunth)
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 t coconut oil
- 1 t honey or maple syrup
- Lavender/Rose petals/turmeric (optional)
- Heat the milk to reach a gentle simmering stage, just below boiling point and lower the flame.
- Whisk in ashwagandha powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg powders.
- Add honey/maple syrup
- Stir in the coconut oil
- Whisk thoroughly to avoid big droplets of coconut oil on the surface.
- Serve hot/warm
You can also add aromatics of you choice like Lavender, Rose petals or Turmeric
Drink ½ cup of Moon milk every night for 6 to 12 weeks to see the effects.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.