Quinoa is light, nutritious, and is a rich source of protein. It is delicate and fluffy and goes really well with the sweet taste of coconut. With the goodness of chia seeds and cinnamon, this is an ideal breakfast to start your day right.
Good for Pitta dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 2 persons (10-15 Pancakes)
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 T ghee preferably Cow’s ghee
- ½ t cinnamon powder
- 2 t chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup homemade coconut milk
- 1 T shredded coconut
- 1 T Maple syrup
- Your favorite fruits and dry fruits for garnish
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and strain. In the meantime soak the chia seeds in coconut water
- Melt the ghee in a pot and toast the quinoa for 1 minute.
- Add the cinnamon and stir to mix everything well.
- Add water, coconut milk, maple syrup and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and add shredded coconut and soaked flax seeds.
- Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Portion it out and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.
Quinoa can be bitter or even soapy tasting, but you can make it sweet and nutty just by giving it a good rinse before cooking. Massage the seeds as you rinse to get to every grain.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.