Saffron rice or yellow rice is a North Indian aromatic and flavorful side dish that goes well with any Indian curry or lentil dish. It is really easy to make and is rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and omega 3. This rice is incredibly fragrant and provides the health benefits of saffron. It is also widely popular in the middle east and Mediterranean regions and is served along with kebabs.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 6 Person
- Soak the saffron for 10-12 minutes in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Melt ghee in a pot over medium flame. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, salt, cardamom and mix well.
- Turn the heat to low flame and add rice and saute with spices for 1-2 minutes.
- Add hot water and soaked saffron and boil for 5 minutes uncovered. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cover and let it cook until soft over low flame.
Can be served with any Indian curry and gravy dishes.
Add milk to cook the rice for a rich taste.
Saffron is tridoshic i.e it balances all three doshas, easy to digest and helps combating food allergies. Saffron by itself is found to revitalize blood circulation, promote good female reproductive health and also prevent migraines.