What is Psoriasis?
What are the Symptoms of Psoriasis?
What are the Causes of Psoriasis?
- The main trigger of Psoriasis is infections. For example, strep throat or any other skin infection can trigger Psoriasis. It can also be caused by dry weather conditions. Injury to the skin sometimes can cause psoriasis. Injuries such as extreme sunburn, bug bite, or any cut or scrape will be a trigger of psoriasis.
- Heavy smoking and alcohol consumption may lead to this condition as well. Some drugs, such as antimalarial drugs, high blood pressure drugs, etc. can also cause Psoriasis. In some rare cases, stress can be another reason.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Psoriasis
- If you think that the condition is triggered by your stress, you need to deal with it by doing yoga and meditation.
- If you have psoriasis due to medication, then avoid them. Mostly it’s caused by the medication which interferes with the body’s autoimmune systems. So, try to avoid those medications.
- Protecting your skin from injury is very crucial. Try to apply sunscreen whenever you are going outdoors in the sun. Also, try to wear full sleeves. In case you are traveling to a place where you might encounter insects, then use bug sprays on the skin. Be extra cautious if you are performing any activity that may cause injury to your skin.
- Try to avoid infections. Maintain hand hygiene. Avoid sharing clothes and utensils with others.
- Eating healthy food is very important. Try to eat clean. Avoid foods like red meat, dairy, processed food, citrus fruits, etc. that may cause inflammation.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Psoriasis
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is one of the most famous herbs to treat a number of skin conditions including Psoriasis. Take a gel of fresh aloe vera leaves and use it on the impacted area. Go over the process each day for a better outcome.
- Turmeric: This is also known to have an anti-inflammatory property and is really useful for Psoriasis. Mix 1 part powdered turmeric with 2 parts of water in a pan, boil to form a heavy paste, cool and then Apply to the skin.