Gulvel Scientific Name
Gulvel Other Names
English: Indian Tinospora, Bile killer, Heart Leaved Moonseed, Gulancha Tinospora, Moon Creeper, Tinospora
Hindi: Chinnaruha, Giloy, Gulunch, Gurch, Pittaghni, Jivanti, Jivantika
Sanskrit: Agnisikha, Amrta, Amrtavallari, Chadmika, Jivantika
What is Gulvel?
Common forms of Gulvel
Gulvel is commonly used for:
- Boosting immune response
- Managing diabetes
- Curing fever
- Improving appetite and digestion
- Managing anxiety disorders and stress
- Curing respiratory disorders like symptoms of Asthama
- Promoting healthy vision
- Gallstones (cholelithiasis)
- Treating skin aging and wrinkles
- Managing high cholesterol levels
- Treating STDs like syphilis
Juice: 2-3 teaspoons of juice, once or twice a day.
Powder: ¼-½ teaspoon twice a day.
Tablet: 1-2 tablets twice a day.
Capsule: 1-2 capsules twice a day.
Extract: 1 pinch twice a day.
Gulvel Side-effects and Warnings
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is a lack of scientific research about Gulvel during pregnancy and breast-feeding, therefore it is advisable to avoid use.
Children: Not known.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.