What are Shingles?
What are the Symptoms of Shingles?
- There are some typical symptoms of Shingles. The most common symptoms you may experience if you have shingles are aching, burning, numbness and tingling.
- Sensitivity to touch is also a very common symptom of Shingles.
- You develop a pus-filled sore that breaks open and crust over. Also, it starts with a red rash that starts after a few days of pain.
- In some cases, you may also experience fever, headaches, and fatigue.
What are the Causes of Shingles?
When to see a Doctor?
- This condition is not a serious health condition, but it is very annoying because of its pain. So it needs to be treated.
- Most importantly, if you develop any rashes near your eyes and if you leave it untreated, it may cause permanent eye damage. So see your doctor in that case.
- People above 60 years of age should not avoid it either. A higher age may increase your probability of other health difficulties.
- People with low immunity systems should consult with the doctor as soon as they develop Shingles.
Lifestyle Prevention of Shingles
- Some lifestyle prevention can help you avoid this condition.
- Vaccination is one of them. Proper vaccination can surely help you avoid getting Shingles as well as Chickenpox. Generally, Children are given chickenpox vaccination and adults are given Shingles vaccination.
- Improving immunity is very important to fight many diseases and this one is no exception. Taking multivitamins helps you prevent Shingles.
- Smoking lowers immunity. So, quitting smoking is important to avoid Shingles.
- Following a healthy diet which is full of green vegetables and fruits is really important. Try to add as much green and red food to your diet. Oranges are also very helpful.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Shingles
- Giloy: Giloy is an effective herb that assists you in Shingle treatment. Take 2-3 teaspoons of juice, once or twice a day.
- Neem: Neem is used for treating many skin conditions including Shingles.10-20 ml of neem juice daily can prevent you from many skin related diseases.
- Manjishtha: This herb is known to treat neuralgia and is very effective on Shingles. Mix ½ – 1 teaspoon of manjistha powder in a glass of water and drink daily. or as per your requirement