What is Gallstones?
What are the Symptoms of Gallstones
What are the Causes of Gallstones?
- The main cause of gallstone is the excess cholesterol excreted from your liver. When the bile is not in a position to release enough chemicals to dissolve the excess cholesterol, the cholesterol turns into crystals and eventually into stones.
- Another cause of gallstone is excess bilirubin. Bilirubin is a chemical that forms when your body breaks down red blood cells. There may be instances, such as liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, and certain blood disorders, that make your liver produce too much bilirubin. The excess bilirubin is then stored and turned into gallstone.
- A further cause may be your gallbladder doesn’t empty correctly. In this case, the bile may become very concentrated and turn into gallstones.
When to see a Doctor?
- If you are experiencing Gallstone issues you should get medical treatment. The symptoms of Gallstone may come and go but diagnosis at the right time is really important.
- So please visit a doctor if you experience gallbladder pain which will mostly occur in the upper right section of the abdomen and may spread to the back and chest. Also if you suffer from nausea or vomiting, it is time to visit a doctor without any delay.
Lifestyle Prevention of Gallstones
- Preventing Gallstones is possible by following some healthy habits.Eat high fiber foods. Keeping your body mass index within your limit is important in preventing any health complications including gallbladder problems as obesity can be one of the factors for this condition. So, weight management is the key. However, losing weight rapidly is also not healthy and it can put a strain on the liver and gallbladder which increases the risk of Gallstones.
- Smoking causes a number of diseases and gallstones is no exception. Quitting smoking will surely help you prevent many health problems including gallbladder dysfunction, gallbladder stones and Gallbladder cancer.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Gallstones
- During an acute gallstone attack, use this herbal formula made from musta, trikatu, and guduchi
- You simply mix 4 parts musta, 3 parts trikatu, and 6 parts guduchi
- Take a quarter of a teaspoon of this mixture 2-3 times daily with honey. This should help reduce the pain and ease the gallbladder attacks.
- If you want to avoid the formation of gallstone then improving thyroid function along with metabolism is very important. In order to enhance your metabolism and to increase the thyroid function, check on the given formula made from punarnava, shatavari, kutki, chitrak, musta and, shilajit :
- You need to mix 5 parts of punarnava, 4 parts of shatavari, 2 parts of kutki, 2 parts of chitrak, 3 parts of musta and a quarter part of shilajit.
- Take a quarter of a teaspoon of this mixture thrice daily with honey. This will help you to prevent the formation if you take it regularly for at least 2 to 3 month.