Gokshura Scientific Name
Gokshura Other Names
Latin: Tribulus terrestris
Sanskrit: Gokshuraka, Trikata, Svadamshtra, Trikantaka
What is Gokshura?
Common forms of Gokshura
Gokshura is commonly used for:
- Gallbladder Problems
- Low libido
- Improving athletic performance stamina and muscle functions.
- Treating erectile dysfunction in men and curing infertility
- Treating prostate gland disorders
- Improving sexual desire, vigor and vitality in both men and women
- Maintaining healthy cardiac function.
- Treating and managing obesity
- Curing headaches and migraine
- Treating and managing diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus
- Kidney Stones (renal calculi, nephrolithiasis, or urolithiasis)
- Urinary Tract infection (Cystitis)
Powder: ¼-½ tsp daily or as prescribed
Tablet: 1-2 twice daily or as prescribed
Capsule: 1-2 Twice daily or as prescribed
Decoction: 25 to 50 ml daily or as prescribed.
Gokshura Side-effects and Warnings
Common side-effects: High doses can cause stomach upsets, nausea and difficulty sleeping.
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnant or Nursing Mothers: Avoid unless prescribed by doctor.
Children: Not known.
HIgh dosages can cause stomach upsets. Always stick to the prescribed dosage
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.