What is Low libido?
Low libido is a condition that occurs when you have reduced interest in sexual activity. This is a very normal condition because losing interest in sex from time to time differs across life. Additionally, there may be instances when your interest doesn’t match your partner’s. However, if you are experiencing a low libido level for a long period then this might indicate some underlying health disorder.
What are the Symptoms of Low libido?
Losing interest in sexual activity is the main symptom of low libido levels. You may also experience depression, anxiety, and fatigue.
What are the Causes of Low libido?
Low libido can be triggered by many things. Some of the main causes of low libido are as follows, Depression can be one of the main reasons why people lose interest in sex. Some chronic illnesses may also cause this condition. In case you have any sort of sleeping disorder, there is a chance that you may suffer from low libido. Stress is not good for sex life and it causes low libido. Working out for too long may lead to this condition. On the contrary, not working out can also trigger low libido. Excessive alcohol consumption may decrease your desire for sex. Aging is a very common cause to have this condition for obvious reasons.
When to see a Doctor?
In most of the cases low libido can be treated on its own and not a cause for concern. However, there might be some cases where you need to consult a sexologist in order to treat your condition. If this condition is affecting your sex relationship you should cure this before it is too late. Sometimes it also might impact your quality of life and make you very depressed. In that case you need to consult a doctor.
Lifestyle Prevention of Low libido
- Lifestyle prevention for low libido is possible by taking some preventive measures.
- Eating aphrodisiac fruits helps. Also, it is seen that chocolate has a great effect. Do grab chocolate. There are some herbal remedies that can help you cure this condition. Daily working out and looking good will boost your self-condition and it will help you prevent low libido. Stress management is very important to live a healthy life., So reducing your stress is very important. Sleeping properly for at least 7 to 8 hours can help you in preventing this condition.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Low libido
Treatment of low libido using Ayurveda is very effective. There are some herbs and spices like Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Gokshura, Saffron, etc can help you get back your sexual desire and make you sexually active.
- Ashwagandha: This herb helps you to reduce depression and anxiety and also assists you to boost fertility. Take quarter to half teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder and mix it with one cup of lukewarm milk or a teaspoon of honey.
- Shilajit: Shilajit is one of the most important ayurvedic formulation that is use to treat any sex related condition. Taking 250 mg twice a day for 90 days can help you treat low libido levels.
- Gokshura: Gokshura assists in improving strength, vitality and also strengthens the penile muscle which boosts penile erection because of its Guru (heavy) and Vrishya (Aphrodisiac). Mix ¼-½ tsp with warm milk and drink daily.
Curative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Preventative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.