This light and easy-to-make cabbage soup is ideal for weight loss. It is enriched with robust Ayurvedic herbs and spices that aid in digestion and boost metabolism. This soup can be had in a small quantity as an appetizer or as a large serving with bread for a meal.
Good for Pitta and Kapha dosha.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 persons
- Heat the olive oil in a hard bottom pan or dutch oven.
- Add bay leaf, thyme, cloves, carrots, celery and leeks. Saute for 5 to 10 mins, till the vegetables soften
- Add ginger and garlic and saute till the garlic is fragrant
- Add cabbage and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the broth and allow it to boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 5 to 10 mins
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix well
- Serve hot in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice
You can also serve with bread or chapati.