This homemade ayurvedic broth has a rich taste that will enhance the flavors of your soups, stews, and all the hot preparations in ayurvedic cooking. On a winter day or when in convalescence, this broth could be consumed by itself to provide warmth and enhance recovery.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Serves: 3 to 4 Cups
- 1 T of Cow’s ghee (you can substitute it with olive oil)
- ¼ t each of cumin, black peppercorns, cloves, and coriander seeds
- 2 T of chopped Onion
- ½ T of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 4 to 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of chopped Leafy vegetables (optional)
- In a large pot melt ghee over medium flame.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the spices, carrot, and celery.
- Add water and bring it to a boil over a high flame.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let it cook for 2 hours.
- Add Leafy greens in the broth and simmer for 10 mins.
- Strain it into an airtight mason jar. Can be refrigerated for 5 days.
Any additional vegetable along with onion, carrot and celery can be added as per choice or season.
Add chopped ginger if you are not feeling well.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.