This homemade ayurvedic broth has a rich taste that will enhance the flavors of your soups, stews, and all the hot preparations in ayurvedic cooking. On a winter day or when in convalescence, this broth could be consumed by itself to provide warmth and enhance recovery.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Serves: 3 to 4 Cups
- In a large pot melt ghee over medium flame.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the spices, carrot, and celery.
- Add water and bring it to a boil over a high flame.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let it cook for 2 hours.
- Add Leafy greens in the broth and simmer for 10 mins.
- Strain it into an airtight mason jar. Can be refrigerated for 5 days.
Any additional vegetable along with onion, carrot and celery can be added as per choice or season.
Add chopped ginger if you are not feeling well.