Gokshura Scientific Name
Gokshura Other Names
Latin: Tribulus terrestris
Sanskrit: Gokshuraka, Trikata, Svadamshtra, Trikantaka
What is Gokshura?
Common forms of Gokshura
Gokshura is commonly used for:
- Gallbladder Problems
- Low libido
- Improving athletic performance stamina and muscle functions.
- Treating erectile dysfunction in men and curing infertility
- Treating prostate gland disorders
- Improving sexual desire, vigor and vitality in both men and women
- Maintaining healthy cardiac function.
- Treating and managing obesity
- Curing headaches and migraine
- Treating and managing diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus
- Kidney Stones (renal calculi, nephrolithiasis, or urolithiasis)
- Urinary Tract infection (Cystitis)
Powder: ¼-½ tsp daily or as prescribed
Tablet: 1-2 twice daily or as prescribed
Capsule: 1-2 Twice daily or as prescribed
Decoction: 25 to 50 ml daily or as prescribed.
Gokshura Side-effects and Warnings
Common side-effects: High doses can cause stomach upsets, nausea and difficulty sleeping.
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnant or Nursing Mothers: Avoid unless prescribed by doctor.
Children: Not known.
HIgh dosages can cause stomach upsets. Always stick to the prescribed dosage