With rice and mung beans being the main elements, this delicate pancake presents a nutritious dosage of protein and fiber to assist you to begin your day strong. The Spicy syrup gives a kick to the dish and improves the flavor. It takes only a bit of preparation to get the batter prepared to be cooked.
Good for all doshas.
For Pitta, take Maple syrup as a substitute for honey.
For Kapha, avoid banana.
Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 8 hours to soak and 6 hours to stand
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
- Mix the flours, spices, salt and water to create a smooth consistency of batter. Let it sit for 30 mins.
- Heat the pan/tawa and apply ghee
- Spread the batter evenly in circles to get a thin, crisp crepe
- Let it cook on both sides and take out on a plate
- Serve with slices of banana, blueberries, and drizzle of spicy honey
For a kick start in the morning, try to pair your crepes with half grapefruit. You can also cover them with a liberal amount of Ashwagandha Nut Butter in Autumn.