What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is an ear condition that occurs when you encounter ringing or other sounds in one of both of your ears. This condition is mostly caused by underlying disorders such as ear injury, or a complication in the circulatory system. It may also be caused by old age.
What are the Symptoms of Tinnitus?
The typical symptoms of Tinnitus are ringing sounds in the ear, even when there is no sound around. In a few instances, the sound may be very loud. In a few situations, tinnitus can arise as a recurring vibrating or whizzing sound, often in time with your heartbeat.
What are the Causes of Tinnitus?
There can be many situations that trigger Tinnitus. Some of the common causes are:
- Loss of hearing, infection in the ear that leads to blockage in the ear canal, changes in ear bone, etc. will cause Tinnitus.
- Some health conditions may cause Tinnitus, such as Meniere’s disease, Eustachian tube dysfunction, Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, Blood vessel disorders.
- Certain injuries to your neck and ear may also cause Tinnitus.
- In some cases, people who are suffering from chronic conditions such as diabetes, thyroid, anemia, migraine may suffer from this illness.
When to see a Doctor?
You need to seek medical help in case you have developed tinnitus after an upper respiratory disease, such as a cold and your tinnitus is staying for more than a week. Also, in case you have hearing loss and experiencing vertigo along with tinnitus, it is time to visit the doctor.
Lifestyle Prevention of Tinnitus
Preventing Tinnitus is possible by following some measures:
- Using hearing protection during any such activity which may affect your hearing, such as workers who are working in a construction site where they are exposed to noise that equates or surpasses 85 dBA.
- Whenever you have an option, turn down volume as loud music or any other source of sound may cause Tinnitus.
- Taking care of your cardiovascular health is important. Doing some cardio exercise daily and eating healthy food are some ways to do that.
- Restricting alcohol and caffeine consumption is another measure which should be taken to avoid any such conditions
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Tinnitus
The Ayurvedic way of treating Tinnitus by using some great remedies are very effective. Some of the herbs and spices are really useful on Tinnitus.
- Sesame Oil: Using warm sesame oil can help you get the cooling and calming sensation immediately and will comfort the ear.
- Olive oil drops: Olive oil is also known to be a very effective oil for cleaning the passage of the inside the ear from wax that may lead to tinnitus. Infuse 5 to 10 drops of heated olive oil in both or affected ears. Let it remain for some time and wash the ear with an earbud.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.