What is Impotence?
Impotence or erectile dysfunction is a health condition that occurs when a male is unable to keep an erection strong enough to perform sex. There may be several causes that trigger this condition. There are instances when a male may become impotent due to an emotional or psychological issue. However, stress and certain physical problems may also be the cause. When there is a build-up of plaque in the blood vessels leading to the penis, it might result in a “penis attack”-in that case, the blood supply to the penis is inadequate to produce or maintain an erection, causing impotence. A person with a high cholesterol level is more prone to impotence.
What are the Symptoms of Impotence?
A person with this condition may have the following symptoms,
- They find it really difficult to get an erection
- Also, it is very difficult for them to keep an erection.
- Oftentimes, the person with this condition has a diminished desire to have sex.
What are the Causes of Impotence?
The causes of impotence can be categorised in two parts. One can be physical, and another can be psychological.
- There can be a number of physical conditions that trigger erectile dysfunction. People with heart diseases have a higher chance of becoming impotence. Also, high cholesterol levels may be one of the main causes of this condition. Sometimes high blood sugar levels may lead to this condition. Atherosclerosis, which means clogged blood vessels can be one of the causes. Many times it is observed that obsessed people are more prone to get this disease. Therefore, obesity may be one of the reasons.
- There are some medications that have side effects of making you impotent.
- Over consumption of alcohol and tobacco can make someone impotence as well.
- If you are undergoing the treatment of breast cancer, or you have undergone any surgeries that affected your pelvic area or spinal cord, you have a higher chance of becoming impotence.
When to see a Doctor?
You have worries regarding your erections or you’re suffering from additional sexual difficulties for example untimely or delayed ejaculation, etc. you need to consult your physician. Also, if you are diabetic, or suffering from any heart disorder or may be experiencing another known physical condition that might be related to erectile dysfunction, do not delay, and book an appointment with the doctor. In case you are suffering from other symptoms in conjunction with erectile dysfunction, you should not ignore it and rush to the nearest clinic and get it checked.
Lifestyle Prevention of Impotence
- Preventing erectile dysfunction is not always possible if it is caused by any underlying disease or from any treatment which you are going through. However, some other instances can be prevented to avoid getting this condition.
- Quitting smoking and overconsumption of alcohol should be the first step to prevent erectile dysfunction. Also, you should never take illegal drugs if you want to avoid being impotent.
- In case you are diabetic or suffering from any heart condition then you should always work with your doctor to keep yourself stable and should stick to the instructions which the physician may give you. Moreover, regular medical screening is very important to avoid any disease including erectile dysfunction.
- Exercising daily is very important to prevent many health conditions. Particularly some Yoga postures such as rooster pose, elevated lotus, bow pose, chakra asana, etc can help you prevent erectile dysfunction by putting pressure on the prostate gland.
- In some cases, massaging the pubic area and the root of the penis with mahanarayan oil improves circulation and is very effective to eradicate the condition.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Impotence
There are some Ayurvedic remedies that can treat erectile dysfunction. Using some of the herbs and spices will certainly help in curing and preventing impotence. Herbs and spices such as Garlic, Ginger, Ashwagandha, cinnamon oil, saffron, etc. are very effective for the herbal treatment of impotence.
- Ashwagandha: Ayurveda considers Ashwagandha a valuable aphrodisiac and enormously useful in regenerating the sexual ability in the bed. Ashwagandha is an archaic pharmaceutical herb that is famous for its stress-lessening properties. But, a lot of individuals are not informed that Indian ginseng is also useful in controlling psychogenetic erectile dysfunction. Take 300 mg twice daily after food for 60 days.
- Garlic: Garlic is a very effective spice and easily available. It is famous for its immune boosting properties.It is often called as sex rejunavator as it can improve sexual activities that have damages due to some injuries. Chew up two to three cloves of raw garlic every day. Frequently chomping a couple of cloves of fresh garlic helps treat sexual impotence.
- Saffron: In Ayurveda, saffron is applied to cure infertility in couples as its aroma is extremely sensual. It can provoke sexual appeal and can have a calming influence on the nerves. Make use of it as massage oil or eat it with food or drink it with milk for enhancing sexual enthusiasm.