What is Herpes?
What are the Symptoms of Herpes?
- Most people with this condition experience the following symptoms.
- Paining and itching are very common symptoms of herpes. These are very obvious symptoms if you have this condition. You may also develop small red bumps or tiny blisters that are mostly white or grey in color.
- Apart from that you can also have ulcers and crusts on the affected areas.
What are the Causes of Herpes?
- There are two kinds of herpes. First kind is mouth herpes (HSV-1) and the second kind is genital herpes (HSV-2). However, the causes are almost similar for both kinds. Herpes infection of the mouth spreads through skin-to-skin contact. Mostly caused by kissing or it can even spread to genital area through oral sex. The only difference is the recurrence rate. HSV-1 is much less frequent than HSV-2.
- The genital herpes also spread through skin-to-skin contact and commonly propagate through sexual contact. This type is more contagious than the previous type.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Herpes
- Herpes to some extent can be prevented by following some preventive measures. The primary cause of herpes flare ups is believed to be psychological stress. It can cause the herpes outbreak because the viruses lodged in the neuromuscular cleft come out during times of stress. So, stress management through meditation can prevent you from suffering from this condition.
- Another possible cause of herpes outbreaks can be small cuts and scratches and mostly can cause if you are not very careful during shaving. So, using neem oil after shaving is recommended to prevent herpes flare ups.
- Avoid having sex if you suspect your partner has herpes or use a latex condom during every sexual contact to avoid any chance of developing this condition
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Herpes
- Apple cider vinegar has an anti-inflammatory property hence it may be useful in treating inflammation caused by herpes. Use one part of apple cider vinegar with 3 parts of warm water and apply on the affected areas.
- Garlic may be very useful in treating herpes as it has antiviral properties against herpes. Mix crushed garlic with olive oil and apply directly on the affected area.
- Neem leaves are also very useful in treating this condition. You can take neem leaf capsules twice daily for herpes.