What is Hearing Loss?
What are the Symptoms of Hearing Loss?
- Asking people to repeat themselves frequently.
- You might also feel that other people talking to you are mumbling and you cannot understand the conversation.
- You find it difficult to hear any high-pitched sounds. For example, birds singing or whistleblowing, etc.
- You may also suffer from ear conditions such as tinnitus or earaches. In some severe cases, you might experience dizziness and find it difficult to balance yourself.
What are the Causes of Hearing Loss?
- Another major cause of hearing loss is noise exposure. Listening to high-volume noise for a long time may cause hearing difficulties and gradually you might lose your hearing ability.
- In case you have an injury to your ear due to which you have ruptured the eardrum, you will lose your hearing ability. Not only do ear injuries cause hearing loss, but you may also suffer from this condition due to head injuries.
- There are some underlying diseases or viruses that may cause hearing loss and medications to treat Illnesses such as cancers, infections, or any autoimmune disorders can trigger hearing loss as well.
- In some rare cases, it is found that genetics also have a link to cause your hearing loss.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Hearing Loss
- Try to keep yourself away from any source of loud noises, and in case you can’t avoid it then seek time off from the sound every 15 minutes.
- In case you are into a profession where you have to work with loud noises all the time, then try to use hearing protection like earplugs or earmuffs.
- Quitting smoking and consumption of alcohol is important to improve hearing health.
- Try to live a healthier life. Do meditation, yoga, and eat clean and healthy.
- Try to clean your ear frequently to avoid building up the earwax.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Hearing Loss
- YOGARAJ GUGGULU: This unique combination of Ayurvedic herbs soothes vata dosha and improves damaged nerves. Take 200 mg. of this mixture 2 or 3 daily with hot water next to each meal. Yogaraj guggulu can be bought in capsules from various suppliers of Ayurvedic herbs.
- TRY GARLIC OIL: Pour out around 1 tablespoonful of sesame oil into a small pan, and into it put 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced. Fry till the garlic becomes brown, then let it cool down. While frying, push the garlic into the oil. This facilitates the healing properties of the garlic seeping out and saturating the oil. The subsequent blend, which has an outstanding aroma, is called garlic oil. Put 5 to 10 drops into the ear. This will enhance the hearing ability of the aural nerve.