What is Bronchitis?
What are the Symptoms of Bronchitis?
If you have this condition, you may experience various symptoms. Some are serious and some are not so significant. Mostly the bronchitis patient suffers from chest congestion, and it feels like your chest is full or clogged. This may lead to shortness of breath as well. Another very significant symptom is wheezing or whistling sound during normal breathing along with coughing that may bring up mucus that’s clear, white, yellow, or green.
What are the Causes of Bronchitis?
When to see a Doctor?
This condition will lead someone to severe coughing. This is when you need to call your doctor. The coughing can be so severe that it may bring up blood or mucus that thickens and darkens. The cough appears very frequently, and it may keep you awake at night. This is a serious condition and without further delay, you should consult a doctor. You should also visit your physician if you feel any sort of pain in the chest along with other symptoms of bronchitis. You may start losing unexplained weight. This is also the time to book an appointment with your doctor.
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Bronchitis
There are certainly some safety measures to prevent this condition. But nothing is guaranteed. You may develop bronchitis even after following all the safety measures. However, following these measures may decrease the chance of getting the illness. The most important step to be taken first is to stay away from cigarette smoking. That has the worst impact on your lungs and other parts related to it. Other than that, washing hands properly and regularly is very important so that you won’t get infected. Wearing masks during any encounter with substances like paint fumes etc. which bother the lungs, is needed to prevent bronchitis.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Bronchitis
- Turmeric and Honey Paste: Mix together 1 teaspoon honey with ¼ teaspoon turmeric, and rub it on the sore. It will burn a little at first, but the sore area will heal quickly.
- Rinse your mouth several times a day with a little aloe vera juice.
- Have 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel 3 times a day to heal canker sores
- Aloe Vera Gel with Neem Powder Paste: Mix 1 teaspoon of gel with a pinch of neem powder and apply directly to the canker sore
- Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash: Put 10 drops of tea tree oil in ⅓ cup of water, and swish the liquid in your mouth
- Kama Dudha Herbal Remedy: Take ¼ teaspoon kamadudha ras and 1 teaspoon fresh cream. Mix together and rub it on the sore.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.