This soup is purifying and light and is perfect for the spring season. Add a leaf of lemongrass to the pot while cooking for a sweet hint of South Asia. Or add thyme, basil, or dill to enhance the flavor. You can also add spicy Cilantro Garlic Oil for an extra kick.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 2 persons
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- ½ can of white beans
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ T chopped garlic
- ½ T grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- ¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- In a soup pot, heat the oil. Add ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add onion, tomato, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 to 6 mins, till the vegetables soften.
- Add chopped kale and saute for 2 mins till it losses the water reduces in size
- Add the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add the beans and let it simmer till the soup reduces down to ⅔ its quantity
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.