This Oil seasoning is perfect to add a twist to your plain khichdi or dal. Especially during convalescence, when taste buds are affected, a few drops of this seasoning brings palatability to the food and increases intake.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1 cup
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and add a few mustard seeds.
- When they start popping, remove the pan from heat, add remaining mustard seeds, and cover.
- When they begin to pop add cumin seeds, garlic and give the pan a swirl to mix everything.
- Move the pan back to medium heat.
- When the oil starts to sizzle add paprika and immediately cover and move it off the heat.
- Stir the mixture and move it back on the heat
- Add chopped cilantro and cover. Turn off the flame.
- Let it sit aside and watch the cilantro turn crispy.
- Add salt, mix and serve.